Thursday 11 June 2009

Sqwark!

Hello, good evening, and welcome!

I have a few spare moments as I sit here blowing away at my mug of near steaming hot tea, trying to cool it enough to drink it, waiting to be transported to a friends house for dinner, and pick up some hanging baskets (hope it's not salad).

Today has been a good day in my little art world; my green parrot acrylic work which I touched up and finished off yesterday is now gummed to the back of its new cardboard mount. It has been left to dry under a weight of watercolour paper (well it's 300lbs so should be heavy enough) as it flattens overnight, then back into a cellophane wrapper for protection.

Two similar Impressionistic beach scenes have been started, this time a little different for me - on acrylic board, which I have never used before. There are also two works, both very similar but of differing sizes, of apples and a trug. Nice idea of a subject to work on - hopefully it will all work out well.

One last note - I have pencilled in two more parrot works (but I don't want to get too typecast). This time I'm looking at a red, yellow and blue bird, as I think this will stand out really well against a green foilage background, and is more in keeping with my love and use of bright colours. Maybe some time next week I will decide which one, if any, to get stuck in to.

Tea's cool - got to go eat!

Enjoy your art!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment