Friday 19 June 2009

New Works!

Here they are!

Well, as I promised earlier this week, here are two of my latest new works. Probably it's just a personal thing, but I have to try and wait for a natural light with which I'm happy in which photograph my work. Before you all email me and say "But you're not very good at photography" - I know, I know, I may not be, but hey ho!


We all learn by actually doing things - especially hands on practical things, and eventually I will get the hang of doing it right, well somewhat better at least. In the meantime "what yer see is what yer git" - or word's to that effect.

This first one, I suppose, I should call something really original like "Green Vase". And, do you know what - that's exactly what I'm going to do!

The working surface is canvas textured paper, painted with acrylics: some of the colours have been mixed, but not many. One of my preferences (read-up on previous postings) is to use colour straight from the tube/pot without mixing, and I've done that same again here.

It's a roughly an A4 working surface, fixed in a single cream coloured mount.



This next one is taken from a photograph I took while we were on holiday in Mexico in 2007 - obviously some species of Green Parrot. We went to a couple of excellent nature / wildlife parks, where the animals were mostly totally free - the birds anyway - as they knew where to get fed - they're not daft are they!

This turned out to be quite a reasonable picture (perhaps I should re-evaluate my photography afterall), so I thought I would give it a try and see how it came out.

Not too bad overall I reckon.

Once again the picture surface is just over A4 in size, painted with acrylics on canvas textured paper. This time it has been finished off using a double card mount - cream with an inner burgandy coloured border, just to enhance it a little.


The parrot picture especially has turned out a little distorted, but I hope that it gives you at least a more than fair insight into some of my works.


Whatever your media - enjoy your art.

Regards,

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment