Wednesday 24 June 2009

Improved?

Hi there!

My creative rush is still, er ......... rushing, as I get a few more of my WIP's completed, mounted, photographed and safely put away in my portfolio cases (crikey - they are getting heavy). But, that's what I want and need, so no moans - just get on with it.

Yesterday was a stunningly hot, humid day over here, but up to mid-morning not bright and sunny. Ideal conditions for me to try and re-photograph as many of my works as I could. So, I took outside a picture frame with no glass in it (no reflections), and lovingly placed each work that would fit in, one at a time, and then got in front of the camera (which rather technically for me, was safely secured to a tripod). Each frame was also taken using the camera's timing facility (no wobbly or hand shake frames for me, thank you very much!).

Hopefully when I get them all downloaded to the PC they will have improved immensely, and all be of a far better quality. This time I have no excuses whatsoever, as I do have a really good digital camera. This workman will no longer blame his tools (weather maybe, but tools - no).

I have never sold any of my works in frames, just mounts. However, I have needed to place these in a frame to hold them flat for photographing, more than anything. In my web pages and blogs etc I have always maintained that frames are purely personal, plus if they are sold with one, it adds to the cost, and who would want to buy something that they were only going to discard? It also means I have heavier loads to lump about too!

Soapbox returned to owner - the pictures now have to be safely downloaded to the PC so as to be used in blogs and updated to my website etc. Best crack on with it then, make some progress, and see some return for my efforts come the end of the day!

Please, enjoy your art, and be happy with what you have achieved.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment