Friday 5 June 2009

Happy Days!

Good morning the World!!!

Me again. Yup - 3 times in one week - no need to check your stats. It's true.

Without wanting to seem "boring" (see previous postings), I have been somewhat restricted in my activities. This usually revolves around "colouring in" previously sketched themes in a variety of practice sessions and experimental ideas (some of which have ended up looking terrible, but we all live and learn). But, not any more, happy days!

Yesterday I got down to doing a reasonable pencil sketch of an item in our back garden during the day. It's not perfect, and needs some "tinkering" but I'm quite pleased with the first attempt. It will make it past the "drawing board" stage. My only problem is watercolour or acrylics.

However, last night while listening to the best Internet radio station, I managed two more drawn works, now ready for "real" colouring and working on today (hopefully) - first on my beloved bamboo paper, second on acrylic canvass textured paper. That's how much better I feel. I can just sense from your vibes you are enthralled.

Some of the art materials I purchased earlier this week consisted of paper, which I thought was pastel paper. Er - NOT! Never mind, I say, let's get on and try it out. Hmmm - it's not quite what I expected, and so far it's not had the best of results (well, I don't think so anyway). Ho hey.

It's all part of the learning curve, as they say, and I'm sure it will not be wasted.

I have also helped a friend of mine (she knows) set up a blog of her own. "You're a good man", I can just about hear you all mumble; it's all about life - being friendly and helping each other. Anyway, point being that part of the building involved a "counter" - every good site has one! Unfortunately, the young lady concerned cut and pasted my counter; this results in her now having a couple of days old blog with over 500 hits!


That's enough for now I reckon, or I'll never get anything done. I will leave you with a previously done pastel sketch of some parrots, photographed on a holiday to Mexico in 2007. It's this work that got me thinking of using a parrot in my work. I love birds, and wanted to use them in a lot of my work, but they never quite looked right. Hopefully this one will. See what you think.


Till next time - enjoy your art.


Paul

2 comments:

  1. oi cheeky, i never meant to do that!!!!! You sent me the link for the counter so i did it from that, so its your fault i look so popular!!!!! lol love you xxxx

    ReplyDelete