Friday 26 June 2009

Life's a Beach

Hello again, and thanks for stopping by!

Here is another of my works that I have recently completed, and one that I hope you will like.

It is based upon one of my favourite Impressionist pictures, but one that sadly I do not have any information on, other than a photograph of my first attempt at this work from 2006. Attempts to find the title or indeed the artist have drawn (no pun intended) a blank so far. Please - if anyone can help in that respect then please do not hesitate to send me an email to edrickart@aol.com to put my tormented mind at rest!

This is done using my favourite medium of the moment - acrylics, but this time on artistic board (something I have never used before), which is roughly 16"x12" in size, though actual picture size is roughly 12"x8". To try and enhance my photographs of my works (again, see earlier postings) I have put this in a glass free frame on one of my easles. That's why it still looks a little out of shape - before anyone makes and comments!

There are 2 variations of this picture, this one being a cooler toned work. The second one is surprisingly enough a "warmer toned" one, but you will have to wait until my next posting before you can cast your eyes across that one!

Hope it meets with your critical approval, and I'll blog again next week.

Whatever your art, enjoy it.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment