Tuesday 17 March 2009

Sketching

Well, over the weekend I have managed to get it down from the last 4 semi-finalists to a final 2. Good grief, this is beginning to sound like the X Factor (other voting competitions are avaliable)! Who's doing all of the voting? Whose on the panel?

Eventually I settled on the river, fisherman and the old bridge scene, coupled with a sketch of the local Old Hall. As you may deduced from the title, they are both at the sketching stage, with the river one being almost done - well, enough for me to be happy enough with it until I start to paint it, then who knows.

The Old Hall still needs quite a bit of work doing on it. I'm just not happy with it at the moment, and it's one of those things that you can't quite put your finger on. Perhaps it's the composition, perhaps it's the size, perhaps it's the detail that's throwing me.

Still, time is of no importance, though I would like to complete it before I die (it may be worth more!), and as long as I keep sketching lightly with the soft leaded pencil, it will still be able to be rubbed-out and re-worked.

Enough for today - I must go as I have more decisions to make.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment