Sunday 29 March 2009

Hmmmm

Greetings!

Well, as the title of this posting says, it's a "Hmmmmm" sort of time. What?

If any more of you with an artistic or craft ability suffer from this same sort of phrase, then you will nodoubtedly understand what the flippin' heck I'm waffling on about.

The Old Bridge watercolour got stuck into last week, but I'm now at a stage where I'm trying to look at how I can improve on it. Understand, it is by no means finished - it's a vary pale watercolour, needs lots more colour and depth, but I'm happy with most of the tones and the layout of the work. That must count as progress.

While pondering that, I started another drawing of an oldish man from who knows where, but who by dubious means is associated with the area in which I live. I suppose he's maybe in his 70's (though he could have had a hard life and is actually only 27), and my mind has him as some sort of "river man" type. Possibly bargee? But - he could easily be an old farm labourer.

That got me into thinking of working on another watercolour (not decided what medium to use for the old man), and I have that in my head, so it's getting a big "Hmmmm" as to what to do next. Probably a bit of each - maybe rotate - so I keep fresh for each one.

Crikey - this artist's life is harder than you think!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment