Wednesday 18 March 2009

Experimentation!




Hello there "Follower" and "Browsers".


A long time ago, before swimming was invented, I did a piece on hardboard which had been primed with wallpaper paste. Unwittingly, it had not fully dried, and when things had run their course, and I had painted over it with acrylics and it had dried, it turned out it all crackly.

It first I was verging on being horrified, but after another cup of tea (can you actually die from a tea overdose?), and working out what had actually happened, I got to kind of like it.

So, using this knowledge of over three years ago (would that warrant a story on Sky News?), I did it again last night at our art group, and the results were ............................ it failed miserably!

BUT - and it was a big but - (it's in bold capitals), I realised where it had all gone wrong. Wallpaper paste had been substituted by acrylic mixed with PVA glue, which had not had the desirerd effect! Aha, I here you all type - this bloke is just stumbling about! Well, I maybe, but I'm learning from it, which is no bad thing in itself. Next time, well, it may just be different.

Another thing to "experiment" with, is the uploading of my first picture on here, other than my profile picture, of course. And low and behold, it's of the original wallpaper pasted picture, posted above!

So, what do you reckon - good, bad, or indifferent? Answers on a postcard please ...................

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment