Thursday 2 April 2009

Frustration!

Yes, I have missed 2 days of postings after having previously done 2 consecutive (can you follow that?), but the reason is FRUSTRATION. Agghhhh!!!

My watercolour paints, brush and palette have been non-stop for the most part of this last week, using most of my free time (and time allotted for painting) - but, I am afraid to say, all to no visible success! The drawings have been fine - I've been pleased with them, but on the downside I have to admit that I'm disappointed at the results. BUT - at least I'm being honest.

Everything I've touched has not quite turned out as I was hoping - I'm not sure quite why just yet; perhaps I'm still trying too hard, maybe I'm doing things wrong, it can't be my equipment, and my drawings have been more than reasonable.

On the positive side - I could put it all down to practice. Time spent working is never wasted in my eyes. Everything done can be used as a learning experience. The more you draw - the better they get, and if we think logically about it, we all learn to draw before we paint.

The alternative - I'm refreshing myself by doing acrylic works of 4 girly cartoon figures for my granddaughter.

Hope she likes them or my frustration may just sink into depression!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment