Tuesday 22 June 2010

Questions!

Well hello there!

Grab a chair and the kettle is on - would you expect anything less? No you wouldn't would you.

Tonight I hope to get back to the adults group and finish my first ever oil painting, you know, the very loose one I told you about last week. It's all exciting new stuff to me this oil painting, as I am intrigued as to how it has kept; is it still wet, part dry, and what will it be like to continue working over the top of what I started last time? Gosh, I'm almost excited!

The plan I had to have a go at home has slowly started too, but all I have managed to do so far is to overpaint a part worked on canvass previously using acrylics. But that's another experiment for me. What does oil cover acrylic like? Does it? That original work was a landscape, with only a light wash of pale blue on it as I started to work on the sky, so perhaps one side will be different to the other?

This canvas is a long rectangular one some 39"x12" in size. My master plan, though not an original one by any means, is to have a go at portraying one of the Massai people we met in Kenya in January of this year, using one of the photo's I took as my inspiration, coupled with a little artistic license I had from doing some sketches a couple of years ago, when I had a go at portraying some jumping warriors in a sort of abstract way. We'll see how they turn out, given time.

So there you have it, my week so far. Hopefully if I get the first one done tonight, I will be able to get it home and possibly photograph it and get it online for tomorrow. Drying times and smudges permitting of course!

Whatever your art, please enjoy it.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment