Wednesday 16 June 2010

Oil Be There.

Hello!

It's so nice to be able to welcome a new member to our happy band of blog followers, and this time it's Rob. A very warm welcome Rob, and thank you for taking the time and effort to join, I hope you enjoy it.

It's also very nice to be able to tell you all that last night I finally got round to having a go at doing some art again, after what has seemed a small lifetime! After the past few weeks I finally felt good enough to have a go at something loose and informal, so went the whole hog and went for a list of firsts!

Using oils, palette knives and a very loose style I started my very first oil work! To be honest with you I really enjoyed it and was more than pleased with what I have achieved so far. It's a beach, sea, sky, headland, small cove scene, and I hope to have it completed next Tuesday.

Jon who runs the group was so pleased someone finally got round to using the oils after having them sat on the shelves for over 2 years - he let me bring them home to use as and when I can. Nice touch - thanks Jon, I appreciate it.

My hand has to go up though as I admit to being a little lazy, not really wanting to get to use brushes with oils. From what I have read and heard it's a heck of a lot of trouble cleaning up afterwards. At least with palette knives it's a quick wipe with kitchen roll and your equipment is cleaned!

Hopefully I will be able to post a photo of it next week - then you can all let me know what you think.

Until next time, whatever your art, please enjoy it, and keep at it whenever you can!

Regards,

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment