Sunday 4 April 2010

Happy Easter Holiday

Hi everyone - how's things?

Hope you are all enjoying whatever break you have got, and that the sun shines on you wherever you are.

Not too much to report lately; as previously mentioned the Life Drawing Group has closed for a break, and so has the Kid's Art Clubs and the adults one I attend -all closed for the Easter breaks - so there.

At home I am stuck with two current watercolours I am attempting - but just keep going to my practice boards to, well - errrr - practice I suppose you would call it, until I get the kind of completed image I am hoping for and working towards.

Also there is something on one of my easels that has held a spot in the back of my mind for years I suppose. Like millions of people, my grandad fought in the Great War - WWI - whatever you want to call it. That thought until recently was always difficult to convey in a way I would like to. But last year I found two images I liked, thinking that I could develop them and work with. One is a very vivid sillhouette, and the second one to me a very poigniant one. As I have often said with many of my subjects - I hope that I can do them justice.

In the meantime, circumstances enabled me to finally complete my last Bratz picture for my grandaughter, reward for her doing so well in her latest Irish Dancing Competition. Next work similar to this will be a suitable one for my grandson.




Like all of the previous picturers in this line, it is done on gessoe primed hardboard using Reeves Acrylics and worked using my favourite brushes for this medium - Rosemary & Co's Shiraz. She will just love it.

So, until next time, whatever your art - please enjoy it.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment