Friday 23 April 2010

Watercolour from Kenya

Hi there again!

It would appear that I have been on a bit of a roll over the last couple of weeks painting wise, so I had best make the best of it while I can.

Below is one of two watercolours that I have been asked to do whilst on holiday in Kenya earlier this year. Each was requested by two lovely sisters my wife and I met whilst there, and both wanted a watercolour of a local small fishing boat, always to be found directly in front of our hotel. This one was anchored alongside a small sandbank that ran along the coastline there. The fishermen would tie up each day and wander along the sandbank looking for crabs or whatever.

This is done on Saunders Waterford 140lb paper, using Daler Rowney artists quality paints.


I hope that you like it - and most of all - that the lady who requested it likes it or I will be in trouble!

Whatever your art - please enjoy it.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment