Wednesday 24 March 2010

Pen and Ink

Hi there!

This last post marks the end of the current session of Life Group Drawings, as this Monday now sees us have a break for a few weeks. Trouble for me is that when it starts up again I have other commitments during the summer, so it may be a couple of months before I can get back into it. Never mind, can't be helped.

Not a very long post in typing terms for you today, except to say that these 2 works are done using  waterproof ink pens on Bristol Board - which is basically a slightly thicker, smoother paper surface, but one which I do find very nice to work on. Try it sometime.


  
 Personally, the one on the left is my favourite of the two, and I have to admit that I am rather proud of that one. The sketch on the right is not bad, but the model's shoulders look a little twisted to me now, plus the gown and it's folds were starting to cause me a problem. In the short time given, there is only so much you can get down, and I didn't want to become too bogged down with the gown. I suppose in the end I got a little too involved and didn't concentrate on the model and her shoulders enough.

Ink colours are sepia, sanguine and black; I think that these three colours are enough to cover almost any situation that I am likely to encounter. In fact, the sanguine is almost like working with the coloured materials of some of the Old Masters - just go look at some of Da Vinci's works to see what I mean! Not that my works are that good of course, but it does give you an extra something.

Tell you what though - I have some old parchment coloured paper somewhere, and I may just have a go at seeing what the two look like together!

Right - other than an acrylic that has been waiting for completion for months, I have no more news, except to say that I do have a page on Facebook, and thank everyone who has joined that too. All your support certainly does help me, and as I have said before - I do appreciate it. Thank you!

So until next time - enjoy your art, whatever it is.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment