Wednesday 2 September 2009

Steady Now!

Greetings to you all - whatever your time zone!

Yes - 'tiz I - typing here once again from the heart of Edrick Central. Steady now - don't go getting all excited, and coming over all unnecessary. So how you all doing? Really? Great.

Well I have to put my hand up and admit that since my last posting in July, I have had times of forgetfulness, not being able to, and even times of lethargy. I know - shock horror - and I apologise for it. Even one of my followers has commented about it (and rightly so). Some of my art has suffered too, but hopefully there is light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

At the moment I am working hard towards a regional art exhibition held over two weekends at the end of September. I am trying to make sure my work is up to scratch: putting a backing onto my hardboard works for helping with mounting etc, and ensuring any watercolour, pastel or acrylic on paper has a cardboard mount on it to better present them; also sorting out packing and transporting arrangements.

These are easier said than done! And ........................ then there is the problem of displaying work inside a building where you are not allowed to mount anything on the walls. Lots of practice with what will go on which easel and sorting works into presentation folders etc. How to best use the table space provided; a cloth to use for the table; maybe even some sort of clampable stand? I also have made some hardboard figures and put magnets on the back to use as maybe fridge magnets, so I need a metal sheet for displaying them.

Gosh, it all seems to be go!

There - my post is just about complete for today. There are no new works to show you as yet, but as I make progress in this event, then I will be able to get on with other ideas I have - and yes, I do have them, and write them down.............................................. now where's that blooming bit of paper gone.........................................

Whatever your art - enjoy it.

Paul

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have you back finally about bloody time, a month geeeeeesh man what you been doing, spending too much time on that ermmm what was it again oh yeah http://www.wildbeatz.com the music is suppose to soothe your mind and body and get you in the composed mood for painting, blogging whatever you like. Just great to see you back in the swing of things :-)

    FreeSpirit

    ReplyDelete