Monday 21 September 2009

Mixed weekend

Why hello there - fancy meeting you here!

Well, the big arts event has turned out to be a very mixed weekend to say the least!

Saturday was a little slow, but I still had 4 sales of smaller items, enough to keep things ticking over and helping to pass the time. The people who came in were more browsers and Saturday shoppers, just popping in for a look. Two surprise celebrity guest visitors certainly helped brighten up the day - anyone spot someone familiar???


Sunday was as different again. People visiting this day seemed more involved with their art; they stayed longer and asked more questions of the artists, crafts people and their work. This seemed to really lift the mood and atmosphere of the whole hall, and was a real pleasure to be a part of.

Towards late morning I sold my large Scooby-Doo work - acrylic on hardboard. The chap who bought it said it would be a feature and make a good talking point in his dining room. I couldn't agree more! A man of taste - just like me!

But then I had to pack up and leave very quickly - my wife had a fall and broke her arm. So that obviously took a priority and put paid to the event for me. As of now - I am unsure if I will be able to attend for the second weekend, but priorities must.

Until next time - enjoy your art.

Paul

1 comment:

  1. Hey there my favourite artist, yep it's me again the stalker that came to see you with another wildie, we both enjoyed meeting with you on Saturday at the arts show. We thoroughly enjoyed your kind hospitality and wit, oh how we larf'd. Glad to hear you made 5 sales. Hope your wife's arm mends quickly and she recovers fully from her fall.

    Big hugs to my Artistic friend.

    FreeSpirit

    ReplyDelete