Tuesday 3 November 2009

Roll on bedtime.

Hello once again - how you all doing?

Well - after my son's recent wedding, which combined a long weekend away and an even longer drive, plus all the other things that have been happening to us, I now have yet another occupation.

I have recently taken delivery of 3 chickens (does that make me a smallholder?), which after a 2 week confinement to their run, they now have free range over the back garden! It has taken me a good few weeks to build the run, bit at a time, and to be honest, I'm still tweaking with it, but they are wonderful. My eye though, is always watchful of them finding an escape route somewhere!

Maintenance I'm finding is quite minimal compared to other animals, plus sometime in the not too distant future, we hope to have eggs. THAT - I am really looking forward to. They are so much fun, even now, and I really can't wait for next spring and summer to stay out in the garden with them and enjoy them to the full.

One of my aims for next year is to try and produce some works involving them. That should be fun - being able to sit and sketch and work away in our own back garden with a living subject. Hopefully I will be able produce some nice works in watercolours, pastels, inks and acrylics. Wonder if I can get them to hold a pose????

That adds another string to my proverbial bow; something else to occupy me through the day, yet give me some inspiration. It's no wonder I get so tired at the end of the day (or even during). Roll on bedtime!

Enjoy your art - as ever!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment