Wednesday 20 January 2010

Brushes

Hi there.

Not long since the last post (a day or so), therefore no new followers to welcome. I have been lucky having reached so many up to now, therefore I'm not downhearted.

What I am upbeat about though, is that after working my first children's art group of the year, I also got to enjoy my first adult group meeting too after an hours break for tea etc. YESSSS! - it felt good to pick up the brushes once again in anger - so to speak. It's alright using them whilst "home alone", where you can practice or potter about, but to use them properly in the company of other artists - amateur or not, is always a good thing.

One of the main benefits of being part of an informal group is the friendly banter that goes on, helping to lift and lighten anything that you may be nervous or uneasy with. There are times when you need to be alone, working solitary to ensure your maximum concentration, but also times for the help that you receive from people who see things you are working on, or perhaps struggling with, from a different angle, but still with an artisitc "eye". Last night was one of those nights, and I received help from everyone in the group, they all contributed positively to my latest project - a real team effort. Never be afraid or shy to ask!

My current project is an acrylic, and invloves me using my favourite brushes for this medium - Rosemary & Co's Shiraz - a really nice synthetic bristled brush that holds good quantities of colour but is responsive enough to your every touch. I like using these a lot, and amateur as I am - I highly recommend them.

Not enough time for me to post about my recently sold work, but I promise it will be in the next one, I just need a little more time to sort one or two bits out, so, whatever your art - enjoy it!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment