Thursday 8 July 2010

Acrylic Iris

Me again - how you all doing?

I'm on a roll here, so had best make use of it while I can!

Here is my second completed work this week. It's one I have recently posted and told you that it had been requested as long as I could change the background colour, so off I set.

The background was changed to a much lighter, slightly greener toned blue colour, which looked good and matched the colours in the room where it's to be hung. After doing that, the black lines needed to be tidied up some, but before that, I decided to change the petals. In the original work they are basically a very deep purple, but I now went for a lighter blue colour, and tried to give them some highlights and a bit of "form and structure". That also involved re-working the centres, blending the whites and yellows, plus introducing an orange into the centres, which gave it some focus and "lifted" the whole thing.

Once that had been done, I then went and completely changed the leaves and stems, introducing differing shades and tones to them all. The last thing to do was to re-paint all of the black linings to everything, but this time I decided to make them much thinner if I could. That still gave them an edge, but not a thick black one that could dominate - especially with thinner stems etc.

So there you go, now have a look below and see what you think.


The first image is the work as a whole - 4' x 2'8", with the second image being a detail of part of it.

Please feel free to leave a comments, I appreciate them all.

Whatever your art, enjoy it!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment