Sunday 6 December 2009

The Grindstone

How Ya Doin' Y'all?

Just thought I'd try out a little American - but never mind - maybe not.

Right, tomorrow night it will be back at the alleged grindstone that is the life drawing group, this time with our model Suzanne - and very good at being a model she is too.

Yes, I will once again be taking my watercolours with me, as I think I have finally settled on them as being the most portable and effective way for me to work at these sessions. After all the experimenting I have done, I do think that I get most out of the session this way.

One change I will be making is the following. Up to now I have been using 1/4 Imperial Sheet size paper, which gives lots of room, space and scope for a nice large work. However, the one drawback I have found for me personally, is that it needs an awful lot of water and paint to cover said size of paper. If you have read the last but one posting, then you may have some idea of what I am referring to. So, tomorrow I will be going with a spiralled pad of watercolour paper instead - 11" x7 1/2" in size. I do not do metric! My paper will still be the same - Saunders Waterford 300lb.

For those wanting a little more technical info, well here goes. My paints are all Daler-Rowney Artists Quality tubes of watercolour paint. I have 9 colours in my palette - 3 each of 3 primary colours, plus a tube of Titanium White, and a tube of Neutral Tint. All my brushes are Red Kolinsky Sable, but I do also have 2 Squirrel Hair brushes.

So, until tomorrow, I will take my leave of you, and as always, whatever your art, enjoy it!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment